Friday, April 6, 2007

AIDS and Marine Awareness at Surfing National Titles

Presentation on the Threats to the marine Environment
Giving out information

Helen Samilo from Anglicare Aids





Saundaun Provincial HIV Aids workers and Bao Waiko from Anglicare Aids






During the PNG National Surfing Titles some of the club members and competitors thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do some AIDs Awareness thanks to Anglicare’s Bao Waiko, Helen Samilo and the Sandaun Provincial Aids Workers. The marine awareness “Birua bilong sol wara na rip” translated “Threats to the Marine Environment” was done by myself thanks to the National Fisheries Authority, The Nature Conservancy, WWF and CELCOR who supplied the educational materials to give to the audiences.

Anglicare most nights during the titles played videos on AIDs and the effects up in Pogera Mine and during the day Save PNG and Anglicare set up a canvas with Aids and marine awareness posters so that the surf audience was exposed to the material.

HIV AIDs information was also handed out to relevant crowd members during the day when the surf heats were on.

7 comments:

Lobes said...

Good work Jen. I really want to get up to Vanimo some time. Melbourne is getting a bit cold and grey for my liking

Save PNG said...

Hey Lobes
What are you doing in Melbourne? PNG misses your presence, I know Lamana misses seeing your face for sure. Nice to hear from you.
Take care

Unknown said...

I think Education is the key to saving our country. I think you ar edoing a wonderful job!

P.S. Let me know what I can do to help. angnime@gmail.com

Save PNG said...

Education is the key, our people need to be able to make informed decisions.

kavak yelleri 126. bölüm fragmanı izle said...

thank you

Dan Collyer said...

PNG Villages in the South Fly region were promised jobs and development in their communities with the influx of mining and logging. I run a blog for Sigabaduru Village just 7 km from the Australian border, I want to help the community and others with a solar power project and medical supplies, can anyone help me? Contact me at danialcollyer@gmail.com or http://sigabaduru.blogspot.com

Thanks

Dan

Anonymous said...

Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.