Sunday, March 11, 2007

Madang, Diving Mililat Passage

Livin n Lovin the water



Just a small part of the reef wall






Madang, this place has a vibe like no other. I am diving on Mililat Reef. Aquaventures the diving operators took me here to check out Mililat passage. This is currenly in the running to be bombed so that a Marine Wharf can be put in at Vidar to unload Tuna captured off shore. Yet another example of lack of long term planning. Are we going to continue to destroy our natural resources for short term benefits?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really disgusted at times, when they don't sit and look how it is going to affect the country in the future! It makes me sick to my stomach. I grew up in a beautiful country, and I hope when I have children one day to grow up in the same beauty that surrounde me, I just feel angry, frustrated, and really annoyed at our government for not taking thier work seriously! it's sad to see that, we are taken advantages of.

I really want to thank you for doing what you are doing. You are on to something big. You have supporters all the way here in the states.Just let us know if you need help.

Save PNG said...

Thanks Den,
there is plenty more that we will be continuing to do. The aim is to empower the people of PNG to take responsibility for thier country. This is our home, these are our trees, our rivers and reefs and we should have a say when it comes to what is done to them.
PNG is a rare and beautiful gem that needs to shine. It needs our help.
Thank you so much for you support, it means a lot.